Friday, July 26, 2024

Ear Procedure

 I scheduled an appointment with the ENT over a month ago to have a procedure done that will hopefully help with the pain I feel and help me hear a little better. That appointment was set for the end of August. A few days ago the ENT office called and asked if wanted to switch my appointment to today, I said YES, of course. At that time they said I would not need a driver so I planned my day out a bit and let my daughter know about the change. I also thought it was odd that I wouldn't need a driver so I asked to ask a friend to watch the boys, just in case. Turns out they plan on giving me a Xanax and then Zofran for nausea and I will need a driver. 

The afternoon is planned out now. I picked up the meds last night, I can't take them until I get there and they tell me when it's time to take them. No problem, I even left them in the bags, stappled shut. We'll be dropping the boys off and heading over. 

The doctor will basically be inserting a small balloon into my Estuation tube to open it up a bit more. Now, I've had issues with my ears/hearing for my whole life. I've been dealing with a lot of ear pain for many years. I've had tubes in my ears a couple times when I was a child and then as an adult, I still had a lot of pain though. My pressure is not where the doctor wants it to be so this is the next step to try and correct this. 

This probably should have been done a very long time ago, I learned to live with the pain and just ignored it for the most part. It reach a point where it was to much to ignore and I was tired of it and the pain was more frequent. I do not recommend waiting. Who knows what kind of damage could have been happening all this time. I could have saved myself years of pain by going in much sooner. I always encourage others to seek medical help when in pain and I normally do that myself too but not with this. I think I kind of hoped it'd just go away, but here we are. 

I think this procedure will be under an hour long, my daughter will drive me home, after we pick up the kids from her friend and I'll probably go straight to bed upon arriving home. Thankfully I have Saturday off so I'll have plenty of time for rest before returning to work on Sunday. 

I don't know how much I'll need them, but I've got two sets of Loop Earplugs. These will help lessen the decibels that I hear. I've been keeping a pair with me all the time so I can use them if I need them. 

Wish me luck. 

I'll update on how everything went, afterwards.  







No comments:

Post a Comment