Friday, January 5, 2024

New Day, New Med

Due to major and not common joint pain I stopped taking the Fluoxetine on January 1. I then had three days off meds completely and today I have started my new med, Citalopram (Celexa). The first week is 10mg and then I'll be on 20mg after that. I waited to start it until today because I have two days off from work and if this new med causes sleepiness then I'll know and be able to change the time I take it. So far though, not really feeling tired but it's only been a few hours since I've taken it. 

One thing I didn't want to have happen was start on medication and then have to go through multiples to find one that works for me, but that's part of this process. My doctor asked how I felt while on the Fluoxetine, I didn't feel up or down, even keel for the most part. I wasn't sleeping better, I didn't have more energy but I wasn't really down either, that was a nice feeling. The first couple of weeks were difficult and the joint pain has been horrible but I'm hoping that goes away soon. 

For now, I'll work with the new one and keep track of how I'm feeling overall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment